HELP LAUNCH FARMPLATE.COM
FarmPlate is a dynamic start-up company looking for interns to help launch a website dedicated to sustainable eating. Check out www.FarmPlate.com for more information.
FarmPlate is looking for motivated candidates with excellent communication, organizational and technology skills and an interest in sustainable farming and foods. Must be able to juggle a variety of projects–database management, responding to queries, data analysis and special projects.
For steady, reliable contributions of 15 or more hours per week, compensation will be considered. (We always welcome unpaid interns if you have fewer hours available each week!) Hours are flexible and can be completed working independently or, starting in the fall, at our office in Hanover, New Hampshire. Possibility of short-term or long-term internship.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your skills and how you think you could contribute to FarmPlate. Please also attach your resume and any other relevant material.
- An interest in local food, sustainable agriculture and the farm-to-plate movement
- An interest in online media, social network platforms and online user experience
- Responsive to feedback
- Responsible & reliable
- Technologically savvy
- Compiling basic information to help with the creation of a database of Vermont & New Hampshire food producers, resellers, schools and organizations
- Fact checking
- Contributing fun, interesting, on-topic links to share on FarmPlate’s Twitter & Facebook accounts
- Various additional projects based on availability and skill
What you’ll gain:
- Experience working in the start-up web industry as part of a fast-paced, high-energy team
- Experience with social media platforms and building a brand’s tone and content
- A wealth of knowledge about sustainability, local food and the relationships between food producers and resellers in the Vermont/New Hampshire area