- Maintaining existing standards for product quality and consumer expectations while monitoring the use of resources.
- Developing and implementing plans to reduce, reuse and recycle resources per unit of production.
- Developing & implementing plans to reduce, reuse and recycle waste generated by the facility.
- Monitoring & reducing GHG associated with the production & distribution of company’s products.
- Optimizing usage of renewable energy and ways to reduce operating costs by reducing environmental footprint.
- Collaborating with department managers to identify opportunities for improving company’s environmental footprint.
- Seek ways to reduce operating costs as a result of improving company’s environmental footprint.
- Represent company’s environmental efforts with outside parties at industry events
- Participate in external and internal work groups on sustainability and environmental stewardship.
- Develop RFPs and/or RFQs for specific projects
- Responsible for managing vendor, contractor and utility provider relationships.
- Provide ongoing training for new and existing employees.
- Act as role model to other employees and consistently demonstrate the values, mission and vision of Lundberg Family Farms.
The successful candidate will have superior managerial, leadership and communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. An understanding of math and science is essential.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or equivalent experience in a related field and a minimum of three years experience in environmental management are required. Lean, Six Sigma and ISO 9000 work environment a plus.
Individuals interested in this exciting opportunity should forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
“Lundberg Family Farms is a leader in producing and marketing high quality rice products in a sustainable and beneficial manner.”