The Executive Director provides leadership in the implementation of the Portland Farmers Market mission, values, goals and programs. Key areas of responsibility are: organizational management, budget and financial management, building relationships, board relations, long-range strategic planning, and resource development. This is a full time, year-round, exempt position.
Salary Range: $55,000 to 65,000 annually
· Successful Executive Director or Manager with non-profit or for-profit experience
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· In the food industry
· Preparing annual budgets
· Preparing and implementing strategic plans
· Working with the media
· Working with a board of directors
· Passion for food
· Leadership—oriented toward team building and collaboration
· Decisive—with an ability to handle controversy
· Visionary and proactive
· Knowledge of farming
About PFM: Portland Farmers Market is a collection of six urban green markets that operate March through December, serving up to 30,000 shoppers per week. The PFM provides a direct connection to over 250 vendors with deep roots in Oregon and Southwest Washington, including farms, nurseries, bakeries, meat and seafood providers, cheese makers and specialty foods producers.
PFM Mission: PFM operates vibrant farmers markets that contribute to the success of local food growers and producers, strengthen our food economy and serve as community gathering places.
For more information and instructions on how to apply for the position of Executive Director of Portland Farmers Market, please click here. Please note that the application deadline is November 12, 2010 at 5:00pm. Absolutely no phone calls accepted.