8-16 hours weekly
The nonprofit organization, Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project (ASAP), announces an opening for our Growing Minds Internship. The Growing Minds intern will assist in day-to-day operations of ASAP’s farm field trip, school garden, and chef to school programs. Specific activities include lesson plan and resource development, data collection/entry and other office work, and Farm to School program outreach. The interns will develop and gather resources, activities, and recipes featuring local food and farms. We ask that applicants have a valid driver’s license and transportation. We will conduct background checks on all Growing Minds interns.
• Experience working with children
• Knowledge of curriculum development
• Detail oriented and organized
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Reliable and able to commit to full internship period
• Graphics experience a plus
Send your resume, a formal cover letter, and two references or letters of recommendation to the ASAP office to the attention of Anna Littman. Please note which internship(s) you are applying for. Emailed applications are not accepted.
The application deadline is November 29.
c/o Anna Littman
306 West Haywood Street, Suite 200
Asheville, NC 28801