Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center seeks a Full-time, seasonal Field Apprentice to assist in all operations of the 5-acre organic Adamah vegetable farm.
Located in Falls Village, Connecticut, Isabella Freedman’s mission is to build spiritually vibrant, socially progressive Jewish community.
Adamah is a program of Isabella Freedman that connects people to their roots – to the land, to community, to Judaism and to themselves – by providing educational programs and products in order to build a more sustainable world.
• Assisting in all aspects of vegetable production, including seeding & greenhouse
maintenance, transplanting, cultivating, harvesting and post-harvest handling
• Managing the farm when the Field Manager is away
• Assisting with and sometimes manage CSA harvest and distribution
• Driving a 12-foot box truck two times per month to deliver CSA shares
• Working with ADAMAH Fellows in the sadeh and teaching them how to farm appropriately
• Vegetable farm experience is preferred but not necessary.
• You should have a good attitude about hard work, enjoy getting up early, and like doing
repetitive physical labor.
• You should have good leadership and communication skills.
• You must want to be part of a progressive, heart-centered, environmentally committed
• You should have an appreciation for organic farming, Jewish tradition, learning, celebrating,
and being a leader, teacher and student.
Field, dairy and pickle apprentices:
– receive one full day per month for a group field trip
– ½ of a day 3 times/month for special projects
Apprenticeship Dates: April 1 – December 15, 2011. Compensation includes room & board,
opportunity to participate in Isabella Freedman retreats, and a modest stipend.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state why you feel you are uniquely suited to this position.
Isabella Freedman is an Equal Opportunity Employer