Ploughshare Farm, a 400 member CSA in Alexandria MN, is now hiring for a Field Crew Supervisor. Primary duties include harvest management and field crew supervision. A minimum of three seasons on a diversified vegetable farm is required. Supervisory experience strongly preferred. Compensation: A competitive hourly wage (based upon experience), housing in a 3 bedroom, split-logged home. Long-term job opportunities are a possibility after a trial period of one year. Couples and families are welcome.
For more information, contact Gary Brever, firstname.lastname@example.org
www.ploughsharefarm.com Application deadline: February 1st
Key responsibilities include:
· Supervising and working with farm crew and interns
· Helping to harvest, wash, pack and load produce with farm crew
· Communicating daily with Gary regarding tasks for the day
· Directing daily activities including planting, cultivating, harvesting, and packing;
· Driving tractor for transplanting and harvesting
· Maintaining all harvest data and records
· Organizing and cleaning packing shed
· Previous Supervisor experience
· Minimum of 3 years of experience on a vegetable farm
· Valid driver’s license and ability to lift 40 pounds.
· Tractor and cultivating experience
· Highly efficient, disciplined and organized.
· Willingness to take orders and ability to be a positive example to others.