Roots CSA: In an area that is just awakening to the local food movement, The Roots CSA is Kootenai County’s first and only charitable CSA program. By design the program recruits a small yet diverse network of low-income shareholders and full-priced shareholders who contribute not only funding but also volunteer labor to receive fresh local produce throughout the season.
Under the strong support of the non-profit Kootenai Environmental Alliance www.kealliance.org, the Roots CSA program works to inspire more agriculture in Kootenai County by creating an edible landscape that:
- ó Supports and builds the local agricultural food shed and its infrastructure ó Reduces our ecological footprint and food miles by selling local and sourcing farm inputs as close as possible ó Involves people of all income levels in local food production ó Preserves farmland ó Contributes to a healthy aquifer ó Maintains biodiversity for current and future generations
Responsibilities: Organic soil preparation, field and farm planning, appropriate crop selection, utilizing moveable chicken yard, succession planting, cultivating, weeding, managing irrigation systems, weekly harvest and preparation of shareholder boxes, and managing on-farm volunteer labor.
- We are looking for a handyman/woman with:
– Experience in succession planting and vegetable production
– A good attitude about hard work
– Excellent leadership and communication skills
– A desire to work with all kinds of people
– An aptitude for good judgment and spur-of-the-moment decision making
– Resourceful skills in repurposing donated materials
– Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision
Compensation: Dependent on prior experience.
To Apply: Send a Letter of Interest and Resume to Korrine at: email@example.com or call 208-659-0287.
Deadline February 1st, 2011.