The International Rescue Committee in San Diego has an open position within the Food Security & Community Health Department.
Scope: The Fresh Fund Coordinator is responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining community-based programs, such as the Fresh Fund incentive, that increases access to locally-grown, healthy food options for low income residents. This position is part-time (25 hours a week) with benefits.
• Develop, coordinate and implement programs designed to increase use of SNAP, WIC and SSI recipients at various San Diego farmers’ markets.
• Implement a comprehensive data collection and evaluation system across all markets.
• Work with Fresh Fund Outreach Coordinator on program outreach efforts in the community and with community partners to increase participation of low income residents at farmers’ markets.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and work directly with local residents.
• Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers.
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent financial and accounting responsibilities for reports.
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing reports.
• Masters or bachelors degree in related field, a plus.
• Commitment to social justice, food security and/or community development.
• Experience working with a pre-literate audience in a non-traditional setting.
• Previous experience working with refugees or familiarity with other cultures and proficiency in one or more languages (Vietnamese, Spanish, Arabic, Somali, Burmese).
For more information on our Food Security and Community Health Program please visit: www.theirc.org/sandiego
Please apply at www.ircjobs.org
IRC leading the way from harm to home.