Rick’s Picks is an artisanal pickle manufacturer based in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. The company’s nationally distributed pickles have received numerous awards, mentions in top food magazines, and gained a loyal following of food enthusiasts.
For more information on the company, products, and events, visit: http://www.rickspicksnyc.com
Position – Bookkeeper
We are looking for a freelance/part-time Full Charge Bookkeeper. The right candidate will:
- Maintain and handle all books including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger
- Generate all financial statements
- Record inventory, purchases, expenditures, and sales tax
- Perform periodic bank and inventory reconciliations
- Process payroll and file federal and state payroll tax returns
– Bachelor’s degree – Manufacturing or cost accounting experience
– Certified bookkeeper preferred
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet applications, particularly Excel, and Quickbooks required
– Highly motivated, high energy, positive attitude
– Detail oriented, with good interpersonal skills
– Enjoy a fast paced, yet casual start-up environment
– Able to take direction from multiple sources and multi-task
Timing and Compensation:
Selected candidate to start as soon as possible. Opportunity to train with and then take over for existing bookkeeper. Expected time commitment of 8-20 hours a week. Working remotely some of the time a possibility. Salary based on experience.
Please submit a cover letter including salary expectation and resume to: email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by January 14, 2011 and will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified via email if they have been selected to interview for the position. No phone calls please.