CitySeed is seeking a Part-Time Market Manager to manage its 2011 Winter Farmers’ Markets in New Haven. The Market Manager will work with other CitySeed staff, board members, vendors, interns and volunteers to create successful and viable markets for Connecticut farmers and consumers. The Winter Farmers’ Markets take place between January and April, 2011 on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays and the 2nd and 4th Sundays. Non-weekend work hours will be necessary, but are flexible.
- Oversee Winter market planning and day to day operation of winter markets
- Ensure compliance of city, state and CitySeed regulations, policies and guidelines
- Plan and implement the marketing campaign for the winter markets
- Ensure market profitability with sales of merchandise as well as collection of vendor fees
- Track market data for analysis using Excel spreadsheets
- Work with and train interns and volunteers at markets
- Effectively manage relationships with vendors and consumers
- Create, find content for and send out weekly newsletter
- Continuously improve and codify market systems\
- Work and collaborate with partnering neighborhood groups at each market
- Facilitate the Work of the Board’s Market Committee
- Help with market related grants and sponsorships as needed
- Communicate CitySeed’s mission and programs to market-goers
- Enthusiasm for connecting communities through food
- Experience working with farmers, communities and/or food systems
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills
- Excel and design software skills
- Willingness to work weekends and some evenings
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency or understanding of Spanish language a plus
- Flexibility, maturity and a sense of humor
- Ability to lift heavy objects, work in inclement weather conditions and drive a vehicle safely with a trailer attached
- REQUIRED: valid driver’s license
CitySeed is a non-profit organization based in New Haven, CT, that seeks to engage the community in growing an equitable, local food system that promotes economic development, community development and sustainable agriculture. Please visit http://www.cityseed.org to learn more about us.
Start Date: ASAP
This position is part-time with the potential to become full-time during the regular market season starting in May 2011. Salary is $15/Hour.
Please send resume, cover letter and (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will be posted until filled.
CitySeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and especially invites applications from members of underrepresented groups.