CitySeed is seeking a full-time program director to direct and implement projects in New Haven and statewide in Connecticut. The program director will lead a variety of programs including a preschool-based Healthy Eaters and Readers program, a Community Supported Market and a buy local campaign with buyCTgrown.com. In addition, the program director will be responsible for coordinating specific aspects of ongoing CitySeed projects and programs such as the Seed to Table project, CitySeed Farmers’ Markets and other future endeavors. The program director will assist the executive director in grant writing, fundraising, reporting and communication for the organization and its programs.
- Plan for and oversee design and implementation for all programs
- Develop and implement financial strategies for program success
- Communicate CitySeed’s mission and programs to community at large
- Ensure compliance of grant requirements for programs
- Cooperatively work with program partners and stakeholders
- Train and work with program interns and volunteers
- Other related tasks and duties as needed
- Enthusiasm for connecting communities through food
- Three or more years experience in a nonprofit or comparable leadership position strongly preferred
- Experience working with farmers, communities and/or food systems
- Experience working with youth, educators and parents
- Experience in developing and/or implementing programs
- Experience in grant writing and reporting
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills
- Excel and design software skills
- Willingness to work some weekends and evenings
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency or understanding of Spanish language a plus
- Flexibility, maturity and a sense of humor
- Ability to lift heavy objects, work in inclement weather conditions and drive a vehicle safely with a trailer attached
- REQUIRED: valid driver’s license
CitySeed is a non-profit organization based in New Haven, CT, that seeks to engage the community in growing an equitable, local food system that promotes economic development, community development and sustainable agriculture. Please visit http://www.cityseed.org to learn more about us.
Start Date: ASAP
This position is full-time with salary starting in the mid-$30,000s depending on skills and experience.
Please send resume, cover letter and (3) references to email@example.com by January 21, 2010.
CitySeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and especially invites applications from members of underrepresented groups.