Oregon Rural Action seeks a part-time Development Director with a proven record of success in fundraising and exceptional communication skills. As the lead fundraiser for the organization, the Development Director will develop, sustain, cultivate, and identify new sources of philanthropic support, including major donor gifts, foundation support, planned giving, and business donations.
Specifically, the Development Director will:
* Facilitate the development of a diversified fundraising plan which meets the organization’s financial needs;
* Schedule and implement fundraising activities to ensure a healthy cash flow that avoids dry periods and shortfalls;
* Lead the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors with the Board of Directors;
* Identify, cultivate, and secure public and foundation funds;
* Strategically identify and execute additional development programs, including planned giving and capital campaigns;
* Recruit new members and oversee the management of the membership program;
* Ensure that staff, Board and members take an active role in fundraising; and
* Maintain proper fundraising files and records and fulfill reporting requirements.
Compensation DOE. To apply send cover letter, résumé, writing sample, and three letters of reference by January 14th to: Search Committee, Oregon Rural Action; P.O. Box 1231; La Grande, OR 97850; or email the same to email@example.com.