Just Food’s development team will be embarking on a period of transition and growth in 2011. Our new Development Associate will play an important role by providing administrative support to the development team in their fund-raising and public relations efforts. In addition, the Development Associate will be responsible for shaping and developing the membership program and expanding the small grants program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all administrative aspects of fund development and communications activities
- Assist in researching potential funders and assist in the preparation of grant proposals, letters of intent, and grant reports;
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of Just Food’s database and donor stewardship activities by helping to acknowledge donors in a timely manner, and help develop and maintain donor mailing lists and lists of potential funding sources;
- Coordinate marketing, promotional and social media activities of the organization such as the creation of: newsletters, flyers, informational packets, website updates, email and Facebook updates, etc.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of fundraising events and non-fund-raising events.
- Answer donor and member inquiries
- Prepare media and donor materials for distribution
- Work with program staff to develop brochures, annual reports, and other marketing materials
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a non-profit fund-raising or equivalent position
- Hard-working, articulate, confident
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated, with the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using databases, Microsoft Office programs, Drupal, and InDesign and willingness to learn new applications
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
Additional Qualifications/Who We’re Looking For:
- A dynamic and polished individual with tremendous enthusiasm for sustainable food systems development, local and urban agriculture, food justice
- Someone with a ‘get-it-done’ attitude who is hands-on, a self starter and responds well to direction and constructive feedback
- Someone who interacts exceptionally well with people, both internally and externally
- An individual who does well in a team environment, is passionate about his/her work, and is eager to make a contribution to the success of the organization
This is a full-time position. Reports to the Executive Director.
To apply: Qualified candidates send cover letter and resume by email to Just Food at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words “Development Associate” in the subject line and respond no later than January 24, 2010.