The Vermont Food Venture Center (VFVC) is a newly constructed 15,000 sq foot shared use food processing and warehousing facility being developed by the Center for an Agricultural Economy (CAE) in Hardwick, Vermont. The mission of the VFVC is provide professional food processing opportunities to regional agricultural producers to increase the value of agricultural production, add living wage jobs, strengthen Vermont’s local food network, and further integrate the agricultural economy into the life of the Hardwick community. We do this by offering commercial kitchen rental, food processing technical assistance and business planning for start up and scale up. Through its many projects, including the VFVC the CAE is inspiring food security, healthy food, and rural community development interests in and around Hardwick, Vermont. The CAE supports the region in its effort to strengthen local economic and ecological health through a revitalized agricultural system.
About the Position
The VFVC seeks an experienced Executive Director, passionate about a vibrant agricultural economy devoted to the production of quality food. The position is responsible to the Board of Directors of the CAE and requires a strong fundraising record, including experience with grant-writing, membership development, individual donor programs, corporate sponsorship and special events. Experience with general small organization management, including marketing/public relations, program development and implementation and financial management. Experience working with voluntary boards. The Executive Director also serves as a key spokesperson for the VFVC in communication with legislative, non-profit, regulatory and business leaders.
Food processing experience is desired, but not required.
- Works with the Board of Directors in achieving goals and mission of the organization
- Develops policies and procedures for the facility’s operation
- Negotiates and implement leases and other client/tenant agreements
- Oversees operations of VFVC to include supervision of staff
- Undertakes fundraising and manages finances
- Oversees program development and management
- Prepares for and attends board and committee meetings
- Represents the VFVC and coordinates activities with other groups
Skills and Requirements
- Effective time management to ensure timely submissions for grant funding
- Excellent public speaking ability
- Ability to manage the finances to include fiscal success
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers
- Ability to organize conferences and workshops
- Ability to work with legislative, non-profit, regulatory and business leaders
- Commitment to CAEs mission of local economic development through a revitalized agricultural system
- How many years experience what sort of education?
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Health Benefits: Available for individual after three months of continuous employment
- To Apply
Please submit the following via email to email@example.com (please include: “Exec Dir” in the subject line)
A resume and three references
- A brief statement of interest
Salary history and requirements
No phone calls, resumes via postal mail, or walk-ins please
The position will be filled by February. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.