Slow Food USA is a community of people who believe everyone deserves food that is good for the farmer, good for the planet, and good for us. Over 200,000 Slow Food supporters are connected through 225 local chapters and a variety of events, projects, campaigns, online networks, and national and global gatherings. Slow Food USA has grown rapidly over the past 18 months, and we anticipate that growth continuing. The Slow Food USA national office is located in Brooklyn, NY.
We are seeking a Chapter Support Associate Manager to help Slow Food USA’s chapter leaders advance their local work. The Chapter Support Associate Manager will support Slow Food USA’s current chapters, help build new chapters, and lead the creation of new tools and resources to expand our support system.
• Provide administrative support to Slow Food USA’s volunteer chapter leaders, including guidance on chapter management, record keeping, and tax filing.
• Reply to chapter leader inquiries by phone and email, and coordinate day-to-day communications to leaders.
• Coordinate regular emails and conference calls for chapter leaders to help build their leadership, highlight new resources, and strengthen the leader community.
• Manage the message board and web site for chapter leaders.
• Lead the creation of new technical tools to help chapter leaders manage their membership and email lists.
• Lead the creation and coordination of a Grassroots Fund to provide funding for chapter projects.
• Manage the process for starting new chapters.
• Actively contribute to organization-wide projects as needed.
• Experience working in grassroots organizing and/or advocacy
• Excellent writing, speaking, listening and relationship-building skills
• Strong alignment with Slow Food USA’s mission
Ability to work with a team, drive projects to completion, and handle multiple projects and deadlines
General computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Direct experience with Slow Food USA’s work
• Knowledge of food and farming, and related social/economic issues
• Proficiency with Salesforce (or equivalent), CiviCRM (or equivalent), and Ning
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt.
Compensation: $38,000, benefits included.
By January 21, 2011, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Include in subject line: SFUSA-APM
No phone calls please.
Slow Food USA is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse community that works toward and cares about a healthy food system. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.