Real Time Farms is a for-profit, social enterprise that aims to bring transparency to our food system. The online local food guide helps consumers learn where their food comes from, whether eating in or eating out.
We are looking for a 2011 cohort of interns from LA, NYC, Seattle, Boulder, and across Michigan.
- Experiential education of our regional food webs, particularly how our food is grown and sourced. By talking to growers and food artisans themselves, interns will gain a deep understanding of food production practices.
- Train future leaders in the growing local food movement
- Map your local food web (farms, food artisans, farmers markets, and locally-sourcing restaurants)
- Capture excitement and involvement of young people passionate about bringing transparency to our food system
- Give students a voice in the evolution of Real Time Farms
- Collect and document growing practices and images from your region’s local farms. Learn about the complexities and nuances of farming practices in your area. This information will be used on Real Time Farms.
- Collect farmer interviews for the site (written, audio, video) and/or Blog.
- Document relationships between farms, farmers markets, and restaurants in your region.
- Write regularly for the RTF blog. Interns will have the freedom to write about topics that excite them related to their region’s local food system (e.g. interviews with local farmers, chefs, food system movers and shakers, food artisans, etc.)
- Live in LA, NYC, Seattle, Boulder or Michigan
- Available 15-20 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship with the possibility of receiving college credit.
- Currently enrolled college student
- Available mid-May through mid-August (dates flexible)
- Available weekly for a Skype group meeting with cohort and Real Time Farms Intern Director (time and day TBD)
Applications Due Feb. 16, 2011
- Complete and submit three essay questions below to email@example.com.
- Why do you want to intern for Real Time Farms?
- Why is it important for you to know about where your food comes from?
- Sample blog post on a related topic of your choosing (Be creative! Feel free to add photos!)
Any questions? Comments? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of acceptance will be sent by March 1, 2010