Maverick Farms is a three-acre vegetable farm and educational center for food and farming in Western North Carolina, about 20 miles from Boone. Interns participate in all aspects of the farm from seeding to harvest. Through the development of practical farming skills, special intern projects, readings, and discussion, we work to provide a well-rounded, educational opportunity for interns. There are many opportunities to visit area farms, participate in workshops, and other community opportunities to complement the educational experience. An intern applicant should be strongly motivated to learn farming skills, be able to work in the sun and in the rain, have a sense of humor, and work well with a diverse group of people. We are located in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, with opportunities for great hiking, swimming, and outdoor activities nearby. For more information about our farm, please visit our website,www.maverickfarms.com. Applicants should provide a letter of interest and a resume by email to email@example.com, priority given to folks who can commit to the full season (March-October).
List a Job!
If you have a job listing that you would like posted on the site, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll spread the word through e-mail, Twitter and Facebook... for free!
A Dollar Will Do
- General Blog Updates (26)
- Openings by Location (1,439)
- Openings by Type (1,638)
- Florida: Earth Learning seeks Office Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/nk2TXz 5 years ago
- NYC: @NYUsteinhardt seeks Food Systems Visiting Professor! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qPukLG 5 years ago
- California: Monterey Bay Aquarium seeks Seafood Watch Partnership Program Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/oe4Htt 5 years ago
- Massachusetts: Red Tomato seeks Intern! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qIUxWh 5 years ago
- California: Slide Ranch seeks Ranch Steward! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qcfo9v 5 years ago