The Corvallis Environmental Center is hiring a part-time Garden Manager for our Starker Arts Garden for Education. The SAGE Garden Manager will oversee our one-acre educational production garden, manage a volunteer program and lead programs for youth and adults. SAGE is part of the Corvallis Environmental Center’s Edible Corvallis Initiative. The Edible Corvallis Initiative is working to support a sustainable food system in Corvallis.
SAGE Garden Manager duties include:
• Design and plan garden layout.
• Coordinate donations and purchases of supplies and plant starts.
• Develop and supervise garden work plan: including planting, watering and harvesting schedule.
• Recruit community volunteers. Supervise weekly work parties at the garden including dinner
• Coordinate additional volunteer work parties including the Youth Volunteer Corps and school,
business, and church groups.
• Maintain irrigation system, garden tools and equipment.
• Track volunteer hours.
• Track produce donations.
• Coordinate deliveries with Stone Soup, South Corvallis Food Bank and other agencies.
• Supervise garden assistants and interns.
• Coordinate garden activities for summer camps with camp coordinator.
• Develop and teach adult garden education programs.
• Participate in budgeting for SAGE garden programs.
• Assist in grant writing and reporting.
• Develop and administer program evaluations.
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Plan community and fundraising events at the SAGE garden.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Extensive gardening/farming experience
• Experience working with volunteers
• Experience working with children
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to lift 40 lbs and work outdoors in variable climatic conditions
• Familiarity with MS Office computer programs
This is a part-time position with the opportunity to expand. Hours are flexible and seasonal; work on
some Saturdays is required. Starting pay is $13/hour. The position is opened until filled.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Edible Corvallis Initiative Director.
Submissions may be made by:
Mail/dropoff: 214 SW Monroe Ave
Corvallis, OR 97333
The Corvallis Environmental Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.