Patowmack Farm is a 8 acre farm with an acclaimed fine dining farm-to-table restaurant on premise (patowmackrestaurant.com). Though non-certified, we adhere to organic, sustainable, and biodynamic principles in our production. Located just minutes from the Potomac River and the Maryland/ Virginia border. Camping on premise with crop share, potential small stipend and dinner at the restaurant at the end of your stay would be the compensation, along with knowledge gained of course. We are looking for strong, motivated, foodie farmers to help with maintaining the property in the 2011 season. Duties would include, planting, composting, feeding and grazing of small livestock, seeding, transplanting, harvest and general maintenance on the farm. The potential to work in the kitchen with chef Chris Edwards, may also be an option for those up and coming chefs who seek to learn both sides of the culinary world. A perfect opportunity for students or beginners who would love to be a part of the slow food movement. Starting dates would be on or around the beginning of April thru mid-October. Please feel free to contact me at [firstname.lastname@example.org] attention Ashton.
List a Job!
If you have a job listing that you would like posted on the site, please send it to email@example.com. We'll spread the word through e-mail, Twitter and Facebook... for free!
A Dollar Will Do
- General Blog Updates (26)
- Openings by Location (1,439)
- Openings by Type (1,638)
- Florida: Earth Learning seeks Office Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/nk2TXz 5 years ago
- NYC: @NYUsteinhardt seeks Food Systems Visiting Professor! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qPukLG 5 years ago
- California: Monterey Bay Aquarium seeks Seafood Watch Partnership Program Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/oe4Htt 5 years ago
- Massachusetts: Red Tomato seeks Intern! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qIUxWh 5 years ago
- California: Slide Ranch seeks Ranch Steward! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qcfo9v 5 years ago