We are looking for an experienced, motivated, organized organic veggie gardener with who can help manage a small team of seasonal gardeners. Journey with us from germination room to greenhouse to garden. This is a unique opportunity!
Employment Term: Seasonal position; Spring Greenhouse Operations to Garden Shutdown… March through October. We are looking for someone interested in at least a two year commitment.
Starting Pay Rate: DOE – Depending on Experience
- Position Description:
- Greenhouse Start Up:
- Start seeds early season in germination room & greenhouse, tend to growing plants.
- Keep detailed records for Organic Certification. Assist with administrative duties.
- Transplant seedlings from greenhouse to garden.
- Help manage seasonal crew on 3 acres of cultivated grounds. Maintenance includes weed wacking, pruning, weeding, and harvesting veggies & seeds.
- Report regularly to Garden Manager.
- Participate in garden planning/projects with garden manager/owner.
- Harvesting vegetables for subscription sales & maintaining harvest records throughout the season.
- Garden shutdown.
- At least two years veggie garden experience.
- Working knowledge of organic gardening methods (fertilizing & pest control).
- Intermediate or greater plant knowledge: Veggies, herbs, fruit trees & berry bushes.
- Know how to start & use garden equipment: rototiller, lawnmower & weed-eater.
- Good management, organizational, & communication skills necessary ~ at times will be directing 2 to 4 people on single or multiple projects.
- Ability to type and use Microsoft Excel & Word Programs.
- Have a valid driver’s license & ability to drive a stick-shift vehicle.
- Physically able to lift up to 70 lbs., move pots around, be on knees for much of a day, haul wheelbarrows full of compost and in general good physical health.
- Be self-motivated and also able to motivate crew members.
- Able to plan, prioritize, & orchestrate projects dependant on garden needs, budget, weather, etc.