Garden City Harvest is a nonprofit based in Missoula, Montana, with a mission to build community through agriculture by growing produce with and for people with low-incomes, offering education and training in ecologically conscious agriculture, and using our sites for the personal restoration of youth and adults.
Garden City Harvest seeks an Executive Director with strong skills in fundraising, fiscal management, and communications. This position will lead our efforts in fundraising, planning and overall operations of the organization, and provide strategic direction and insight for Garden City Harvest’s future.
Responsibilities: the Executive Director oversees fundraising, finances, personnel, and outreach. Main duties include major donor fundraising, grant coordination and writing, leading the organization’s Management Team, serving as a primary spokesperson for the organization, overseeing office administration and serving as the staff liaison to the board of directors.
• Organizational leadership experience.
• Extensive experience in team leadership and managing staff and volunteers, and working with nonprofit Boards of Directors.
• Experience preparing and managing non-profit organizational budgets of $500,000 or more.
• Extensive experience with non-profit fundraising, including grant writing and management, major gift development, events and appeals.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development, each with a unique time line.
• Ability to professionally advocate Garden City Harvest’s position and mission.
• Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional and upbeat.
• Ability to maintain clear communication with staff on all levels and with Board of Directors. Proven written and oral presentation skills.
• Employee development and performance management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Position closes January 31st, 2011 – accepting applications until the position has filled.
Submit application including cover letter, resume and 3 references to: email@example.com
For more information go to www.gardencityharvest.org