Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center seeks a Farm-to-Table-Coordinator to coordinate with the Adamah farm and the Isabella Freedman dining hall, to preserve food for the fall, winter and spring.
Located in Falls Village, Connecticut, Isabella Freedman’s mission is to build spiritually vibrant, socially progressive Jewish community. We do this by providing experiences that inspire a love of Judaism, strengthen the bonds of community and cultivate leadership. All of our programs model an approach to Jewish tradition that gives participants tools for spiritual fulfillment, deep learning and social engagement.
- Coordinate with the Adamah Field Manager to identify seasonal crops to be served in the dining hall & to be preserved for off-season menus
- Can, dry and freeze vegetables and herbs.
- Work with the Dining Hall kitchen, and Cultural Center to schedule usage of their space for preservation projects.
- Communicate with the Head Chef and Value Added Products Business Manager about what supplies you need ordered.
- Ensure safety of food preservation methods (correct canning procedures).
- Work 20-30 hours per week as a member of the core Kitchen/Dining Hall Staff
- Ability to self-manage your time, be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work independently research food preservation methods (Food preservation and/or commercial kitchen experience is a plus).
Salary and Benefits: 40 hours a week, 5 days per week , $75/day stipend plus room & board
Start Date: (Flexible) April 1st 2011 – October 2011