Albert and Eve Organics is a San Francisco based organic produce delivery business. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with home and office delivery of the freshest local organic fruit and veg at affordable prices.
We are seeking a candidate who is detail-oriented, reliable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple tasks. Leadership skills and previous experience managing a small team is desirable. General knowledge of the proper handling of fruit and vegetables as well as an interest in learning more about organic farming and produce, are also desirable.
Job Description / Responsibilities
The candidate will supervise, manage, and assist a small team of warehouse and delivery personnel (2-3) in performing the following duties:
– Receiving cases of organic fruits and vegetables for storage and repackaging in refrigerated warehouse.
– Loading and unloading company trucks and cargo vans.
– Packing organic produce bags and boxes in a timely manner with attention to detail.
-Maintaining merchandise inventory including a ‘First in, First out’ policy for perishables.
– Weekly mapping of home and business delivery routes.
– Organizing invoices and documents such as packing slips for residential and business clients.
– Delivering produce to homes and businesses (part-time)
– Assist in various other functions that support the wide range of needs of a small, growing business.
Skills and Requirements
– High School Diploma
– Must have valid California driver’s license (You will be driving a truck and/or cargo van.)
– Clean DMV record (DMV report required upon interview)
– At least one year of applicable work experience preferred
– Ability to lift heavy objects up to 70 lbs
-Willingness and ability to manage a team
-Must have excellent written, verbal, and customer service skills.
– Computer skills including Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel to input / update data.
– Ability to learn various job functions quickly and efficiently.
– Flexible schedule (Working hours will vary between 35-50 hours per week. Work times vary from starting at 7:00am and/or ending at 4-7pm. Infrequent Saturday visits to our partner farm may be required. )
We are a rapidly growing and fun operation! As the company expands, the ideal candidate will grow to manage all aspects of company operations and warehouse/delivery employees. We are only interested in a responsible, dependable, honest, and hard-working leader, and team player!
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience.
If you meet these qualifications, please apply by sending your resume, along with cover letter to: email@example.com. If selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Thank you.