Skill Level: High Level
Position Type: Full Time/Seasonal
This position coordinates and facilitates planting, cultivating, irrigating and otherwise caring for crops under the direction of the owners. They will discuss seasonal activities with management to determine the sequence of events, and the operations, supplies, equipment, and labor necessary to achieve them. They will identify duties such as irrigating, cultivating, fertilizing, and maintenance, and assign them to other workers as well as perform them themselves. They will maintain a high level of communication with the owners and Field Supervisor especially as relates to the health and well being of crops. They will observe all other operations and production staff and report any unsafe or inefficient work procedures or practices and demonstrate approved procedures and practices. The Farm Manager is responsible for the efficient and profitable production of crops.
- Hiring, firing, training, supervising and directing seasonal worker/s
- Daily coordination and supervision of seasonal worker/s
- Daily communication with staff and management to develop and implement irrigation and weed suppression schedule
- Observation of fields and crops for quality of product and safety and efficiency of employees
- Constant and detailed communication with Operations Manager and Field Supervisor especially as relates to crop quality
- Representing the farm at various events and meetings
- Involvement in farm’s safety program
- Monthly report at managers’ meeting
Position requires minimum five years farming experience, ability to lead people, ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs repeatedly, mechanical knowledge, knowledge of plant pests and diseases, knowledge of organic farming practices and procedures and of prohibited practices.
Position will require but is not limited to the use of any and all vegetable farm equipment and implements as well as all hand and power tools related to the business of farming.
Pay will be competitive and based on experience, productivity, and reliability.
- Please send a cover letter and resume via email.
- Please include three professional references.
- Please give a detailed account of types of equipment on which you are trained.