Full Circle Farm (FCF) (www.fullcirclefarm.com) is a progressive 400+ acre organic farm, growing approximately 50 produce commodities and 200 varieties in the beautiful Snoqualmie River Valley (30 miles east of Seattle), as well as serving as a distributor of a thriving membership weekly produce box program. We currently serve a growing number of customers in Western Washington and Alaska, with plans to expand to new markets in 2011. We expect revenues of just under $20 million in 2011 and a total workforce of 200 employees, working in three states and 4-5 locations. We are a rapidly growing company!
The Farm Director is a new position that will report to the CFO. The position has complete profit & loss responsibilities for WA farming operations. The primary responsibility of the position is to oversee all farm operations departments including field operations, processing, warehousing, delivery logistics, commercial and farmer’s market sales. This position will work at FCF farming headquarters in Carnation, WA.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 8 to 10 years of farm management experience, including executive level management, preferably in the Pacific Northwest, west of the Cascade Mountains
- College degree in related field
- Organic experience highly desirable
- Prior profit & loss responsibility high desirable
- Experience developing a performance culture with systematic accountability and measureable results
- Experience implementing process and efficiency improvements
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and analysis
Additional skills and abilities:
- Excellent business, management and organizational skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a strong plus
- Good computer skills, especially MS Office
- Self starting, confident and able to ask for what you need
- Comfortable with rapid change
Salary is DOE. Applicants should provide their salary requirement. Accepting application on continuous basis until position is filled. Questions can be forwarded to Chris O. at email@example.com.
Please submit a detailed cover letter (explaining why you are the right person for this position), resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Farm Director” in email subject title.
Please no walk-ins or calls. Due to large number of applicants, only most qualified will be contacted for interview. We apologize in advance for not being able to personally contact all applicants.
Thank you for your interest in Full Circle Farm!