Position: Marketing Intern (Unpaid internship, with potential for a paid position after completion of the internship)
Location: Ideal candidate will be located in the Bloomington, IN or Indianapolis, IN areas (Candidates in other areas will also be considered)
Deadline for Application: Friday February 18, 2011
GLOBALG.A.P is a not-for-profit industry-owned organization that that sets food safety, sustainability, and worker welfare standards for Good Agricultural Practice certification around the globe. With more than 100,000 certificates issued to producers in over 100 countries, GLOBALG.A.P is a key driver for harmonized, transparent, and sustainable farm certification worldwide. The GLOBALG.A.P North America office, opened in August 2010, plays a critical role in addressing the training and certification needs of our retailer and producer members in Canada and the U.S. through customized workshops, targeted website content, and an online media program.
Working at GLOBALG.A.P:
We offer challenging, autonomous activity as part of a dynamic team. Our young company has room for you to realize your ideas and further your personal development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
GLOBALG.A.P North America seeks a Marketing Intern to support our online media and training marketing strategy program for 2011. The Marketing Intern will play a key role in developing and implementing the strategy action plan.
The Marketing Intern will:
- Assist GLOBALG.A.P staff in developing an updated training program for our retailer and producer members, including brainstorming training formats and content and developing and implementing a communication plan for member outreach
- Review and improve GLOBALG.A.P’s online marketing strategy program
- Collaborate with GLOBALG.A.P staff to implement the online marketing strategy program, including:
- Develop metrics and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing strategy
Requisite Skills and Experience:
- Current enrolment toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, marketing, public policy, or similar field with knowledge of agricultural policy, food policy, or environmental management; OR current enrolment toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in agricultural policy, food policy, environmental management, or similar field with additional training in communications, marketing, or public policy
- Experience with online marketing tools (i.e. Twitter, blogging, website content) preferred
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills
- Highly organized with good attention to detail
- Creative, flexible, and proactive
Marketing Intern will Gain:
- Direct experience creating and executing high-level marketing and communications strategies
- Creative growth potential from working for an entrepreneurial small business
- Opportunity to network with experienced professionals in the food and agricultural industries
The requisite commitment for the Marketing Intern is 6-12 hours per week. Hours are flexible, and will be scheduled to accommodate school and other commitments.
10 weeks, beginning Monday February 21, 2011
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send a resume to email@example.com. If available, please include an example of your online marketing work (i.e. blog, online posting, etc.). Please contact Oriana Lisker at 202-340-7014 with any questions.