NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Slow Food USA has two immediate openings for the spring semester internship at its Brooklyn, NY office. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the start date is ASAP. Descriptions and instructions are located below.
Media Relations Intern
Responsibilities include: field, evaluate and track media inquiries; prepare the president and staff for interviews; draft and send press releases; prepare news briefings for staff; and maintain statistics and talking points. The position is ideal for a journalism student, though all students will be considered.
Support the President and his executive support team in preparing for and coordinating daily activities and projects. Work hand in hand with the Chief of Staff and senior leadership team to prepare research briefings, logistical arrangements, and communications with other leaders in the food and agriculture movement. Outstanding attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, facility with disseminating complex research, and sharp time management and interpersonal skills are essential.
– Assisting with ongoing projects about improving our food system
– Answering phone inquiries on current campaigns and programs as well as issues of sustainable food production
– Researching, writing and fact-checking articles, features, event listings and other projects for our website
– Attending to various member service issues, such as member comments and questions and requests for materials
– General administrative tasks and other office duties
– A keen interest in food, food policy, nutrition, advocacy, and/or campaign-building
– Currently enrolled in or graduated from an accredited university or comparable experience
– Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
– Ability to work effectively independently, with minimal supervision, while also team-building via phone and email
– Professional, friendly, fearless phone demeanor
– Being a quick study and a curious learner
– Good writing skills
– Good general and internet research skills
– Creativity and willingness to have good ideas and share them
– Computer skills, including Word and Excel
Minimum 15 hours a week with a commitment through May. Interns who can dedicate more time to the internship will gain more from it and be involved in more interesting work. Internships are unpaid at this time, however many students can earn academic credit for their time at Slow Food USA. Please send a resume and short cover letter to Emily Stephenson at email@example.com. Please specify in your cover letter your first and second choice positions. No phone calls, please.