Bon Appétit Management Company (www.bamco.com) — the leader in socially responsible food service, with 400+ cafés operating in 31 states — is looking for a project assistant to support our internal and external communication and marketing efforts. The ideal person will be not only highly detail-oriented, enjoy working independently and juggling a variety of projects, and possess excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal skills, but also have a demonstrated interest in sustainable food production.
This is a junior-level position. Please submit a résumé and cover letter describing your administrative experience and include any relevant non-professional activities having to do with sustainability. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
• Minimum of Bachelors Degree, humanities preferred
• Three years’ office administrative experience, preferably in a food-related or retail company
• Some knowledge of issues surrounding the sustainability of our food supply
• Demonstrated experience assisting with creation of promotional publications. Great proofreading skills are essential.
• Must have strong project management skills with the ability to triage multiple priorities and flexibility to take on varied tasks
• Self-motivated, able to work both independently and within a team
• Familiarity with print and digital signage, social media, and web-based projects
• Experience in the restaurant industry (even waiting tables) a plus
• Fluency in Microsoft Office applications, Internet, and basic desktop publishing programs.
• At least a working knowledge of Adobe applications (Acrobat, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) and Web development programs
• Assemble, coordinate, and track all material from the field (text, images, menus) for Bravo, our internal quarterly magazine
• Update and disseminate the implementation guides for Bon Appetit’s Low Carbon Diet, Eat Local Challenge, and other campaigns
• Assist the director of communications with updating the company website, blog, and social media platforms
• Format and send the quarterly email newsletter
• Occasionally handle trade press inquiries
• Proofread catering menus and other field-generated documents
• Handle general office tasks, such as invoice processing and shipping list management
• Stay abreast of sustainability news as well as Bon Appétit’s commitments in sustainability
• Other projects as assigned
The position is based out of our Palo Alto headquarters, which is easily accessed on Caltrain.
Bon Appétit is a diverse, growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to create an environment where all employees feel comfortable with fair and consistent treatment and equal opportunities. Bon Appétit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
To apply, please contact: email@example.com