The Veggie Mobile Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the operation of Capital District Community Gardens’ produce market, The Veggie Mobile. The coordinator provides supervision for all Veggie Mobile staff.
REPORTS TO: Healthy Places Program Manager
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated experience as a team leader, as an educator, in
non-profit work, in retail, marketing, or agriculture. An interest in
all of these is necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be practical, decisive, and responsible.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess excellent computer skills (MS office products, creative
software, web and database).
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Capital District Community Gardens.
• Must be flexible and comfortable dealing with various constituencies
(including team members, seniors, people of various socio-economic
communities, ethnicities, and races, and volunteers).
• Outgoing fun personality, good listener.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Supervise the delivery of Veggie Mobile Services including the
mobile market, the Taste and Take project, and the Farm to Child Care
• Maintain all Veggie Mobile equipment and spaces.
• Manage and motivate a team of employees and volunteers to deliver
services with enthusiasm and care.
• Maintain relations with wholesale produce vendors, farmers, city
officials, and location contacts.
• Manage the details of every market location including customers,
contacts, permits, and other agreements as necessary.
• Cooperate in the production of Veggie Mobile outreach and education
• Coordinate all aspects of project data collection and grant
reporting including all inventory and stop by stop statistics
• Recruit and organize volunteers and interns.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This position is full-time year-round salaried position ($25,000 per
year). Fully paid health insurance. Generous vacation and holiday
leave. Retirement plan. Flexible work environment.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Amy Klein, Executive Director
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River Street, Troy NY 12180
NO CALLS PLEASE!