The Center for Rural Affairs is seeking an intern to work with staff to create an online database of information for beginning farmers and ranchers. The intern will create a database of information on our Land Link program, which matches beginning farmers with landowners and retiring farmers and ranchers. The intern will also compile information on training programs, lending institutions, non-profit organizations and Farm Bill programs that provide assistance to beginning farmers and ranchers and other opportunities for beginning farmers in specific regions.
Intern must have:
– A passion for rural areas
– The desire to help beginning farmers and ranchers succeed
– The ability to organize information in an easy to understand and concise form
– Some knowledge of agriculture
– Strong writing and organization skills
This position is located in our office in Lyons, Nebraska and lasts for three months. Starting dates are flexible.
If you are interested in the position, submit a resume and short cover letter that addresses
your interest in the position and what you desire to gain from the experience. Interns receive a stipend of $10/hour.