NY: Capital District Community Gardens seeks Veggie Mobile Sprout Coordinator
The Veggie Mobile Sprout Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the creation and ongoing operations of Capital District Community Gardens’ new mini produce market, The Veggie Mobile Sprout.
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated experience as a team leader, as an educator, in
non-profit work, in retail, marketing, or agriculture. An interest in
all of these is necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be practical, decisive, and responsible.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess excellent computer skills (MS office products, creative
software, web and database).
• Commitment to the mission of Capital District Community Gardens.
(including team members, seniors, people of various socio-economic
communities, ethnicities, and races, and volunteers).
• Outgoing fun personality, good listener.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Supervise the delivery of Veggie Mobile Sprout Services
• Coordinate the design and construction of The Sprout to be
compatible with the Healthy Places grant and The Executive Director’s
ideas as well as the Healthy Places Program’s equipment and spaces.
• Locate potential destinations and constituencies for delivery of
• Collaborate with other Healthy Places Program projects in the
purchase and distribution of wholesale produce.
• Responsible for project data collection including all inventory and
stop by stop statistics. Responsible for compiling data for grant
• Cooperate in the production of Veggie Mobile outreach and education
• Coordinate coworkers and volunteers to help deliver services with
enthusiasm and care.
• Recruit and organize volunteers and interns.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This position is full-time salaried position (low twenties). Fully
Retirement plan. Flexible work environment.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Amy Klein, Executive Director
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River Street, Troy NY 12180
NO CALLS PLEASE!