The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) plays a critical role in the organic industry as the leading certifier of material inputs for use in organic agriculture and food processing. Driven by a steadfast commitment to organic integrity, OMRI’s operations continue to expand and recently attained national recognition and international accreditation.
OMRI publishes its comprehensive list of ‘OMRI Listed’ products suitable for organic use and other reference information in print and online. Farmers, certifiers, gardeners, and agricultural professionals depend upon the OMRI lists of commercial products and generic materials permitted according to USDA organic rules.
Overview of position: Review Program Assistant
OMRI seeks to fill a vital role on its team with this new hire for a Review Program Assistant. Qualified candidates will receive, enter, and organize detailed application information and carefully follow a complex set of policies, procedures, and requirements. Successful candidates must exhibit excellent time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong writing and speaking capabilities.
- Providing administrative support to OMRI Review Program.
- Receiving product review applications, set-up preliminary product files in the OMRI Products Database.
- Administrative processing of new applications and supplemental applicant materials.
- Conducting preliminary review of applications, including communication with applicant regarding missing information or incorrect payment.
- Administrative correspondence with applicants and registrants regarding deadlines, requirements, and fulfilling their requests.
- Logging all new applicant information in the database.
- Assisting the Review Program Coordinators and Review Program Administrative Manager as needed.
- Taking notes and meeting minutes as needed.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the database by regularly conducting quality control checks.
- Fulfilling regular administrative duties such as staff meetings, etc.
- One or more years working in an office environment and/or directly with customers.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate technical information on materials.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, organize information, and appropriately handle confidential business information.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft office and database software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Fast, accurate typing skills.
- Passion for organic farming and food.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Full-time position with competitive salary ($11.50-12.50/hour) and benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision).
- Small nonprofit with established team and demonstrated commercial success.
- Some travel.
- Casual, fun work environment.
February 25, 2011 5pm PST
How to apply
Send your resume (or CV), cover letter, and a copy of a completed OMRI Application Form in English to: email@example.com.
Or, you may mail your resume (or CV), cover letter, and application to: OMRI, Attn: Gwen Ayres, Review Program Administrative Manager, PO Box 11558, Eugene, OR 97440.
Please specify that you are applying for the Review Program Assistant position.