The Friends of Holly Hill Farm is the education center based at Holly Hill Farm in Cohasset that uses the farm as its outdoor classroom. The farm is located at 236 Jerusalem Road, Cohasset, MA 02025, just 1/2 mile away from historic Cohasset center and beautiful Sandy Beach. The Friends of Holly Hill Farm is looking for enthusiastic summer teaching interns to assist with school field trips, summer programs, and curriculum development. The farm is also accessible via the Greenbush Commuter Rail Cohasset station.
Are you interested in any of the following?
- · Leading visiting school field trip groups around the farm for a hands on experience
- · Leading nature programs or walks
- · Helping with Special Events
- · Developing curricula to use a variety of resources around the farm including vernal pools, historical buildings and barns or other mutually agreeable projects
- · Working with children ages 3 – 16 in summer farm programs where the focus is on sustainable agriculture principles taught through fun games, songs, books, and field work
- · Interested in or have a desire to learn about sustainable agriculture practices including soil science, making and using compost, organic pest and weed management
- · Interested in and have a desire to learn about habitats, life cycles, water cycle
- · Have a mature and professional demeanor
- · Have an understanding of the ways to effectively communicate with young children
- · Have the ability to work both independently and in a team