SUMMARY: Researches, prepares, executes, submits, tracks, and reports all grant proposals for Local Matters. Additional duties include fielding inquiries from new program partners and supporting a range of development opportunities
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Development and Marketing
- Research and identify grant opportunities
- Conduct pre-grant application meetings with appropriate team members to determine cost/benefits, timelines, responsibilities, criteria and application process
- Lead in grant writing process and submission
- Develop and maintain grant activity reporting system and related confidential files
- Convenes post grant acceptance meetings with appropriate staff to finalize implementation and reporting schedules and responsibilities
- Coordinate grant reporting schedules, reporting responsibilities and prepare necessary reports to comply with grant requirements
- Field and pursue new program opportunities with community partners
- Support the Director of Development and Marketing with assorted development opportunities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with team members and grant funders
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelors degree required
Experience: Minimum two years experience in successful grant proposal preparation, data collection and analysis, outcome measurements and reporting results. Prior sales and customer relations experience preferred
Knowledge: Knowledge of Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and proven success of goal attainment. Knowledge of grant research practices and principles.
Skills/ Competencies: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and grants databases including Foundation Directory Online and excellent written & oral communication skills. Must possess excellent research, writing, proof reading, planning, organizing, conceptual and strategic thinking skills. Must be able to communicate in a compelling and succinct manner. Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Must be able to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and be flexible to changing priorities.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Third floor office accessible by stairs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Salary Range: $32,000.00-$36,000.00
To Apply: Interested and qualified candidates must submit cover letter, grant specific writing sample(s) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone inquiries.
* Position open until filled. Final deadline for submission: Friday, March 18th, 2011 by 5pm (EST)