Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery is currently seeking a full-time Produce Quality Controller to join our growing team in Seattle, WA.
Summary: The primary objective of this position is to ensure the quality and accuracy of produce packed in customer’s delivery bins. Additionally, this role will be responsible for working with the Purchasing Department to maximize product yield.
- Receive and check produce quality on a daily basis.
- Determine if produce is unsatisfactory and inform Produce Buyer to arrange a return and credit or replacement of the produce.
- Track produce inventory throughout the day and advise Produce Buyer if quantities are running low.
- Make decisions on shorting or subbing customers based on produce quality.
- Educate customers on produce quality.
- Educate warehouse packers on what is good quality and bad quality.
- Solve questions regarding produce issues (including shorts and quality) with packers.
- Determine if produce requires additional prepping or bagging.
- Refresh produce as necessary (e.g. spraying lettuce with cold water).
- Prep produce items to ensure they meet quality standards (i.e. trim wilted leaves off lettuce or wash off surface mould on citrus).
- Check culled produce and salvage any items that are sellable.
- Support Processors as required.
- Pack bins when time is available and packing line is short staffed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Arrive to work on time and work efficiently and productively throughout the day.
- Must be dependable, accountable for how time is utilized, and a person who can be relied upon.
- Must have completed secondary education. Associates degree required but Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working in produce quality.
- Must possess Food Safe Certification and knowledge of proper handling of organic produce.
- This position requires a self-starter, a pro-active individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to make quick quality decisions.
- Strong grasp of basic math.
- Computer literate with a proficiency in Word, Excel, and other basic programs.
- Able to lead and monitor progress of quality team.
If you share our passion for organics please submit your resume to: careers@Spud.com
Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer