Veritable Vegetable is the oldest organic produce distributor in the U.S. Widely regarded as the leader in our industry, we provide full service distribution of organic fresh fruits and vegetables to retailers, restaurants, schools, corporate campuses and wholesalers. Veritable Vegetable is a women owned business, founded on principles of cooperation, participatory management, and ethical business practices. Located in San Francisco, California, we have been creating community alliances and promoting sustainable agriculture since 1974. Please visit our website: www.veritablevegetable.com
After 37 Years, we are still growing, with 117 full time staff and continuing to pioneer sustainable food systems. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative Office Manager to support our executive management team and participate in our unconventional approach to doing business.
The Office Manager will effectively organize, run and support all daily front office activities as well assist managers as directed. They will focus on organization, daily ordering and maintaining of supplies and assisting executive managers and operational flow. They are required to assist internal and external customers and maintain a friendly and professional demeanor at all times.
- Manage Front Office and Reception.
- Assist Managers with a variety of administrative duties, including telephone support, document preparation, generating reports, filing and other office management functions.
- Maintain office and break room supplies.
- Manage Bulk Buy Program.
- Oversee production and distribution of company newsletter.
- Assist with preparation of presentation/marketing materials.
- Help organize company meetings and events.
- Assist with administrative projects as needed.
- Assist with facilities management as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to translate broad objectives into step-by-step process.
- Ability to define, communicate and manage project plans to ensure effective project deliverables.
- Ability to design and implement processes, procedures and tracking systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Communication and interpersonal skills:
- Ability to communicate complex subjects in a clear, distilled manner.
- Ability to communicate at all management levels and across multiple functions.
- Ability to build solid relationships and influence cross-functional partners.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Flexibility and poise:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing requirements.
Vision and initiative:
- Desire to think creatively and proactively to develop new problem-solving approaches.
- Deep understanding of a values based approach to all aspects of business with specific emphasis on food systems.
- Willingness to learn all aspects of sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Strong desire to participate in the defining and development of a truly sustainable business model.
EXPERIENCE: 5 + years’ experience in Office Management or Administrative Assistance. Background in food and distribution industries preferred. Knowledge of Agriculture and proficiency in Spanish a big plus.
SALARY: $40 – $50k Depending on experience.
Veritable Vegetable offers an excellent work environment, competitive salaries and great benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-920-0448.