CoFed is a new national training program empowering university leaders to create community-run, ethical food storefronts on their campus. We received attention from folks like Good Magazine, Grist and The Atlantic. Our director has spoke at the Slow Money Gathering in Vermont and we are well-connected within our field.
Beginning April 1, CoFed is undergoing an exciting and ambitious visioning and planning process that will include dozens of stakeholders from across the country, from founders to student organizers. This will focus CoFed’s vision, long-term strategy, and organizational policies. We are looking for an organized, passionate food-lover to play an integral part in the strategic planning process. We see this as more of a three month training for potential leaders with CoFed than an internship and are excited to bring on new talent to step up as our organization continues to grow exponentially!
Location: Bay Area, CA, some home office work required
Hours: 15-20+ per week during Strategic Planning, mainly focused around 1 weekend a month
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work directly to support CoFed Core Staff and strategic planning advisor and facilitator
- Take notes at steering committee meetings and help create reports
- Assist work-groups as needed with planning around budget, programming, IT and other strategic focuses
- Communicate with a network of diverse stakeholders across the country
- Data entry and administrative tasks as needed
- Confident, self-motivated and pro-active communicator
- Process and detail oriented; highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a small team in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Knowledgeable with GoogleDocs, Excel, etc.
- Food movement and cooperative experience
- Career intentions with CoFed preferred
- Salesforce and/or Quickbooks experience preferred
Job Begins: April 1
Job Duration: Through strategic planning process in June with preference for longer
Compensation: Dependent on experience, unpaid through June with stipend afterwards. CoFed staff can commit time to supporting professional development.
Interested? Please email a cover letter in the body and a resume attached to email@example.com.