SeedFolks Youth Ministry and the Center for Resilient Cities is seeking to hire an individual to assist in implementing programming at Alice’s Garden.
The Program Intern will be responsible for helping to implement the Garden Mosaics Earn And Learn Program, Meet Me In The Garden (school garden) Program, and special events . The Program Intern reports directly to the Executive Director of SeedFolks Youth Ministry amd Program Manager for Alice’s Garden, Venice R. Williams.
· Assisting with curriculum coordination and program implementation of Meet Me In the Garden
· Supervising and working alongside of teens in the Garden Mosaics Program
· Supervising and working alongside of Garden Mosaics teens at local farmer’s markets
· Assisting in implementing special events and projects in the garden
· Willingness to help with a variety of programs and tasks
· Willingness to learn about organic gardening and environmental issues
· Willingness to get dirty
· Well organized and self-motivated
· Willingness to collaborate with staff, community gardeners and other interns
· Comfortable in diverse settings and diverse communities
· Ability to nurture children
· Gardening knowledge helpful but not required
· Experience in working in the field of urban agriculture
· Broad experience in a grassroots non-profit organizations
· Experience with the development of garden and health based curriculum
· Experience in working at farmer’s markets
· Stipend of $1500/ full month’s work
Timeframe for Internship:
Internship runs mid-May thru mid-August, 2011, with a 30 hour per week commitment. Possibility of continued work into the autumn months.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Venice R. Williams, Center for Resilient Cities, 1243 N. 10th Street, Suite 200, Milwaukee, WI, 53205
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes Friday, April 1.