Job Number: 5033
This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of one or more evidence-based prevention technical assistance, training, and consulting programs related to food policy and healthy food access. The individual will have primary accountability for leading teams, coordinating and collaborating with staff in the Public and Health Affairs Division and colleagues in external organizations, meeting project objectives and contributing to the improvement of health outcomes. Projects often involve significant work with external entities, requiring a high-level of expertise in developing and maintaining strong business relationships. This position includes accountability for identifying issues, barriers and/or opportunities across projects and working with colleagues to address those effectively. In addition, this position will participate in the coaching, mentoring and training employees.
The primary functions of this role are developing services and products for clients and providing direct technical assistance, training and one-on-one consultation to clients. The technical assistance, training, and consulting is on policy, systems and environmental change best practices for achieving health outcomes to reduce obesity and tobacco use and address health equity. Specifically, this role will provide content expertise around food policy and healthy food access.
The person in this position is also responsible for leading multiple Prevention Minnesota projects aimed at reducing tobacco use and obesity rates in Minnesota communities. This involves planning, implementing, and evaluating multi-faceted projects in collaboration with community stakeholders.
Some of The day to day projects will consist of:
Working with public health advocates, community based organizations, community leaders and other stakeholders to create community health change through developing and implementing policy, systems and environmental public health strategies. This work will be conducted by providing tailored highly interactive trainings, useful planning tools and in-depth technical assistance and consultation utilizing best practices and lessons learned from extensive experience working on successful policy, systems and environmental change campaigns in communities across the country.
This position reports to the Manager of Community Prevention Consulting.
- Lead planning efforts to develop multiple prevention technical assistance and consulting programs to help address our client’s health goals and objectives.
- Deliver technical assistance, training, and consultation to client’s to help them meet their community health goals and objectives.
- Contribute to sales strategy by identifying sales opportunities, building strategic relationships, assisting in the development of proposals, and being part of team sales pitches.
- Develop consulting tools and products based on experience and expertise as a public health professional.
- Participate in the coaching, mentoring, training and supervision of other employees. When appropriate, provide direction to colleagues that he or she is partnering with to deliver consulting.
- Manage Prevention Minnesota community projects, particularly those that will provide new experience and learnings that can be incorporated into technical assistance and consulting. Translate learnings into consulting products, tools, and services.
- Monitor community prevention trends and best practices. Identifies opportunities to implement interventions that will mobilize communities to change norms, policies, and /or decrease health risk behavior.
- Proactively and reactively consult and problem-solve with clients on the implementation of recommended strategies.
- Develop and enhance relationships so client’s will extend current work or hire us for additional projects.
- Evaluate effectiveness of community prevention strategies in order to provide strategic health improvement consultation that shapes future health improvement efforts.
- Use documentation to assess trends and identify opportunities to improve tools, processes, service delivery and design future community prevention consulting services.
- Develop and manage vendor contracts and manages project budgets.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key external stakeholders such as public health agencies, employers and community leaders, as needed to influence agendas, processes, and program design across organizations.
- Lead planning sessions with management, stakeholders and team members for prevention consulting technical assistance program planning and strategy development.
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff in the Public and Health Affairs Division to ensure program objectives are met.
- Ensure that appropriate evaluation, measurement and data analysis occurs for projects or programs.
- Develops appropriate standards such as work methods, performance measures, and other resources as needed to support initiatives.
- Communicate program activities and outcomes to key internal stakeholders.
- Play a formal or informal leadership role in identifying and addressing cross-functional issues that affect the department or division’s effectiveness..
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Public Health or other health science, business, health promotion or related field or equivalent education and experience. Masters preferred.
- 8 years related experience.
- Content expertise in smoke-free policy, active community design and/or accessibility to healthy foods.
- Content expertise in policy, systems and environmental change strategy development and implementation
- Demonstrated project management skills including budget development and budget management experience.
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining customer relationships and working with teams.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and transform into project-level strategies.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Experience working in/with diverse racial or ethnic groups and nations is desirable.
- Ability to combine traditional health education approaches with policy or other advocacy tactics is desirable.
- National travel required.
To apply go to: https://bcbsmn.taleo.net/careersection/bcbs_pro/jobsearch.ftl