Program/Administrative Assistant (Part time)
The Glynwood Institute for Sustainable Food and Farming
The Glynwood Institute for Sustainable Food and Farming (www.glynwoodinstitute.org) works to shift the U.S. food supply to a regional, sustainable food system where healthy, nutritious food is accessible to all. The Institute is currently seeking a part-time program/administrative assistant in the New York City area.
- Assist the Co-Founder & Director, including emails, queries, scheduling when necessary, and other administrative tasks.
- Undertake research for the Institute and its projects, including research for business plans and funding presentations for The Glynwood Institute and associated projects. Compile research into reports.
- Assist with organizing the highly successful TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat,” event for 2012. www.tedxmanhattan.org. Duties possibly to include managing volunteers, registration, and helping organize satellite events around the country.
- Monitor/update the TEDxManhattan and Glynwood Institute website, Facebook, Flickr and Twitter pages.
- Track and compile relevant media alerts for The Glynwood Institute and TEDxManhattan.
- Other duties, as necessary.
- Minimum 1-2 years administrative experience. Experience managing volunteers or interns. Must be comfortable with office work, such as typing reports, ordering supplies, etc.
- Research experience.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel, as well as excellent writing and research skills.
- Experience with social networking sites such as Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.
- Proven ability to manage details and complete assignments in an efficient and effective manner. Able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Interest in sustainable food a plus but not mandatory.
Salary $20/hour, 20 hours a week, possibly up to 30 hours. Work will mainly be from home with frequent meetings with the Co-Founder in New York City and possibly a few in Cold Spring NY. No reimbursements for computer use, though approved travel will be covered.
Please send cover letter and resume in the body of the email or as a pdf to Diane Hatz at Innovators@glynwood.org<mailto:Innovators@glynwood.org> with “Program Assistant” in the subject line. In the cover letter, please explain why you think you would be good for the job and what interests you about sustainable food. Your cover letter will be considered your writing sample. Please, no phone calls.
Position is open until filled.
The Glynwood Institute for Sustainable Food and Farming is a program of Glynwood. We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.