Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Exempt Full-Time
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Planning
- Develop and manage annual fundraising goals and plans, together with Executive Director and OFRF Board;
- Work with consultants, staff, and Board to meet goals;
- Coordinate with Communications team to ensure that all web, print and other communication materials support fundraising plan;
- Work with OFRF Office Manager and Bookkeeper to maintain accurate and thorough records and develop consistent and regular reports for Board and Executive Director;
- Monitor and report to Executive Director and Board on quarterly progress towards goals;
- Assist Executive Director in developing annual operating and program budgets, as necessary;
- Manage and adhere to projected fundraising budget;
- Coordinate with Communications team the production of annual report, including all financial reports; and
- Explore and possibly implement other creative fundraising opportunities and programs such as planned giving, membership-based programs, merchandising, etc.
- Design and implement stewardship program to increase level of giving and re-engage lapsed donors;
- Expand current donor base and design cultivation strategies, using web, print and events;
- Develop materials to support major gifts expansion, i.e. pamphlets, annual report, web copy and donor updates;
- Manage annual appeals in support of annual fund;
- Develop web initiatives to increase on-line giving and donor base, including social media, OFRF website upgrades and updates, and database improvements;
- Manage donor acknowledgements, including personal calls from Board, letters, annual report, web, and signage or naming opportunities; and
- Manage the creation and production of fundraising materials.
- Manage grant deliverables and reporting for existing grants;
- Research and develop opportunities for new grant funding; and
- Structure new requests, including budgeting and program development, in association with Program staff.
Database and Web Management
- Complete upgrade of donor database;
- Ensure timely data input for prospect and stewardship tracking purposes;
- Prepare and present a variety of reports including contact and giving history; and
- Expand web-based fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Design and produce fundraising events;
- Generate and manage event/host committees, corporate sponsors, in-kind donations;
- Work with OFRF staff, and OFRF Board to ensure profitability; and
- Draft and negotiate agreements as needed.
- Identify, track and negotiate appropriate sponsorship opportunities—draft contracts as needed;
- Develop supporting materials, as necessary; and
- Manage corporate relationships and donor stewardship, including developing and implementing schedule of benefits.
All qualified applicants should submit:
- A cover letter stating your interest, availability and general qualifications,
- A resume or CV outlining your skills and experience, and
- One or two samples of your writing, such as a grant proposal or report, major gift solicitation, and/or case statement.
Submit your complete packet via email to email@example.com by March 28, 2011 for consideration.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Organic Farming Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.