The Value-Added Products Business Manager will oversee all operations of the Adamah Value-Added Products Business, including production (10%), marketing, sales and distribution (65%) and Adamah faculty (25%). Responsibilities include:
- Making pickles. kimchi, dilly beans, sauerkrauts, jam, herbal tea, salve and other seasonal specialty products
- Coordinating with the Field Manager to ensure correct quantities and varieties of vegetables are planted and that harvests are aligned with food production calendar
- Manage an apprentice and fellows to work appropriately and efficiently without direct supervision on a day-to-day basis (the apprentice will run the majority of food production sessions)
- Financial management, including management of the VAP budget, overseeing inventory, bookkeeping and tracking all sales and expenses
- Setting up sales events on and off-site
- Attending Adamah staff meetings, and leading classes, workshops, Avodat Lev (morning meditation and prayer service) and tours
Position begins May 2011. Click here to learn more about Adamah.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and two references to Sarah Chandler. Please include in your cover letter a description of why you are uniquely suited to this position.