Agricultural Services Director
The Agricultural Services Director coordinates a range of MOFGA program activities, works closely with related programs such as Education and Certification, and works to build connections with the larger agricultural community in Maine.
Title: Agricultural Services Director
Primary Responsibility: To lead the Agricultural Services programs.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Position: Salaried, Federal Fair Labor Standards Act Exempt
Work Week: Normally 40 hours per week, with some weekend and evening functions.
Required Abilities and Knowledge:
- a broad understanding of organic agriculture, including familiarity with related technologies and scientific disciplines
- ability to lead, oversee, and coordinate the work of staff and contractors
- at least ten years of education and/or experience in organic agriculture, including at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- a willingness to initiate contacts with new people
- a high degree of motivation.
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- understanding of and ability to articulate issues related to organic agriculture and MOFGA’s Mission
- ability to work closely with the Executive Director, support staff and volunteer committees
- ability to work independently on projects
- basic computer skills
- must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel around the State
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure MOFGA’s farmers and gardeners have access to up-to-date information on how to produce and market organic food
- Work with staff to expand MOFGA’s presence in the agricultural community
- Supervise and coordinate program staff and contractors
- Visit member farms and gardens on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Agricultural Services Committee and act as staff liason to that committee
- Identify funding needs and work with the Executive Director and other staff to secure necessary funding
- Participate in the budget process for the Agricultural Services programs
- Carry out all the responsibilities listed above in accordance with the mission statement, goals, and philosophy of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association
To apply for the Agricultural Services Director position, please send a cover letter, resume and list of professional references to: Agricultural Services, MOFGA, PO Box 170, Unity, ME 04988. Please do not send applications by email. Review of applications will begin March 28th and continue until the position is filled.