Hiring: Jewell Gardens garden crew member (1) for small CSA in Skagway, Alaska
Looking for someone who is:
* Experienced in and love growing vegetables (even if you only have experience from one season of farm apprenticeship or have only ever been an avid back yard gardener and would like to gain more experience…and make money doing so)!
* Up for the adventure of living in a small (very small) southeast Alaskan town. The town’s population is 800…growing to about 1500 in the summer because of seasonal workers.
* Okay with rustic living arrangements.
* Experienced operating and troubleshooting weed-eaters, lawn mowers and rototillers.
* Good-natured, has a sense of humor, a strong work ethic and takes instruction well.
* Willing to work 40-50 hrs per week.
* Able to start in April or May and work until August or September
* No housing provided
* The garden crew consists of 4 main workers (2 focussed on landscaping and
ornamentals and 2 focussed on vegetable production) and 3 part-time workers.
* The CSA is a 25 person CSA and is part of Jewell Gardens – a show garden and glass-
blowing warehouse for Alaskan tourists. The CSA provides produce to its members May-
Please send a coverletter, resume and 3 references to:
Erin Jakubek, CSA Manager: email@example.com
Please feel free to contact me with further questions: (503) 936-5021