Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Share Our Strength,® a national nonprofit, is ending childhood hunger in America by connecting children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives. Through its No Kid Hungry Campaign®—a national effort to end childhood hunger in America by 2015—Share Our Strength ensures children in need are enrolled in federal nutrition programs, invests in community organizations fighting hunger, teaches families how to cook healthy meals on a budget, and builds public-private partnerships to end hunger, both nationally and at the state level. To assist us in our efforts, we are seeking to hire a Senior Manager, Educational Outreach to help support our state and local partnerships to end childhood hunger.
The Senior Manager, Educational Outreach is responsible for championing the education-based outreach initiatives of the Cooking Matters program, with the goal of leveraging the program’s assets to help families while increasing awareness of the program. The position seeks out and evaluates opportunities, contributes to initiative development, oversees initiative implementation, and ensures delivery of a successful outreach by working collaboratively with Share Our Strength colleagues and external partners within the culinary, nonprofit, hunger, and nutrition communities. Initiatives include a full range of collaborative approaches including social marketing, resource dissemination, inter-institutional partnerships, and online communications.
· Leads prioritizing, planning, development, implementation, coordination, and completion of educational outreach programming. Oversees consultants and effectively works with other staff, partners, funders, and volunteers as necessary to meet internal and grant-based goals.
· Manages the promotion of educational programs, projects, and services through collaborative partnerships, marketing campaigns, public relations strategies, website content, and other methods, and ensures that the deadlines are met and objectives are reached.
· Is a key contributor to the development and enhancement of the metrics and methods used to monitor and evaluate the performance of theeducational outreach objectives. Practices continuous improvement techniques to ensure program quality and performance excellence.
- Works collaboratively with internal staff and external constituents to strengthen the reputation of Cooking Matters.
· Supports the overall goals and objectives of the Cooking Matters program through additional responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Location– Washington, DC
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Communications, or a related field.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in successfully overseeing education and communication programs and initiatives required.
· Experience in public health-focused social marketing campaigns highly desired.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization and to work both individually in a self-directed manner and as part of a team in group projects.
· Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize, prioritize, and work independently on multi-step, detail-oriented projects.
· Strong analytical, project management, time management, budgeting, and organizational skills required.
· Ability to manage multifaceted projects in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment is essential.
· Appreciation of food and nutrition.
· High energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to ensuring all kids get the healthy foods they need.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and online communications tools.
Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Reference job title “Senior Manager, Educational Outreach” in the subject line. No calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.