Red Wiggler Community Farm:
◦ Creates meaningful jobs so that adults with developmental disabilities can succeed at work.
◦ Grows and sells high quality, organic, farm grown vegetables, herbs and flowers.
◦ Provides Service Learning for youth, as well as volunteer opportunities for individuals with and without disabilities.
◦ Operates a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program in Montgomery County MD that increases the food supply for the community, local food banks and group homes.
◦ Carries out activities that occur in cooperation with nature and through the lens of environmental stewardship.
Position: Farm Intern (2 available positions)
Responsibilities: To assist in everyday farm needs including planting, harvesting, composting, weeding, pest management, tending to chickens, CSA and Farmer’s Market staffing, while keeping a positive attitude and maintaining an inclusive environment.
Time Frame: Ideally June to October, 5 days a week, 20 hours per week (We are willing to work with your schedule and timing needs, please contact us to discuss.)
◦ Interested in working with adults with developmental disabilities
◦ Able to keep a positive attitude
◦ Able to work in a team as well as independently
◦ Comfortable working with volunteer groups, including youth
◦ Ability to perform demanding physical labor
◦ Ready to work outdoors in all weather
Red Wiggler Staff and Growers will provide training through hands on participation, readings and partaking in Chesapeake Regional Association for Farmer Training (CRAFT) programs. No prior farm experience or knowledge is necessary, only a desire to learn.
This is an unpaid position.
Please submit a letter of interest and your resume to Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include examples of experiences that demonstrate your ability to work with diverse populations and why you believe Red Wiggler is a community you would like to become a part of. Applications will be considered and offers will be made on a rolling basis. The last day to apply is May 16th.