Seeking qualified applicants interested in owning their own local foods business franchise. An area online farmers’ market is expanding to new counties and is seeking energetic, creative and highly organized entrepreneurs with a strong interest in sustainable agriculture and local foods to assist farmers in selling their agricultural products. Successful applicants will be granted franchise rights in the County or region they represent, be trained by a professional online farmers’ market manager, provided with web space and online store infrastructure, given marketing assistance, coordinate online marketing on behalf of farmers, and deliver sold goods to customers. Market operations will begin in June, and training will occur in April and May. Franchises will be compensated on a commission basis.
This is a great opportunity for young entrepreneurs to launch and grow a creative, fun and meaningful business. Market operations will require 20 -30 hours of work per week to start, with unlimited potential to grow.
Qualified applicants MUST have:
– A strong interest and experience working in agriculture, food production, sustainability, or marketing
– An interest in owning and growing their own long-term business
– An ability to work independently and take initiative
– Connections in your local farm community
– A strong knowledge of the local foods landscape and resources in your community
– Excellent communications and outreach skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use the Internet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
– Graphic design skills, including ability to use Photoshop or a similar program.
– A valid drivers license and a vehicle large enough to store several large coolers.
– Home internet access
Qualified applicants should also have
– An interest in photography
– An interest in cooking
Send resumes with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the County where you live, information about our passion for sustainable foods, and any information about potential farms you would like to bring into your market. Interviews will be starting as soon as possible.