Real Food Alliance is now accepting applications for our Remote Farm-to-School Summer Project Assistant internship. This position is open to all undergraduate and graduate students on a full or part-time basis. It is an unpaid position, but is remote; thus, it can be completed in the student’s hometown.
RFA is a nonprofit organization that fosters relationships between local, eco-friendly farms and institutions, such as schools, colleges/universities and hospitals. We establish, cultivate and preserve these farm-direct relationships and provide educational resources for the Dallas-Fort Worth community.
Remote Farm-to-School Summer Project Assistant Requirements
Reports to: Director of Development (DoD)
The Farm-to-School Summer Project Assistant is responsible for specific
administrative aspects of development and public relations activities, as
delegated by the DoD.
Scope and Impact
The Farm-to-School Summer Project Assistant plays an important role by
providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in
partner and donor-related functions.
• Email and call potential farm partners and general partners
• Continually update and correct database records
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Possible performance measures:
• Success in accruing partners for the organization
• Success in maintaining accuracy of database records
• Accuracy of fundraising/donor reports
Preparation and Knowledge
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent verbal (via phone) and written communications skills
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Good luck!