Veritable Vegetable is seeking an outgoing, customer service oriented Class C driver to deliver organic produce to local restaurants and groceries and occasionally pick-up from organic farms and distributors. The available routes operate primarily within San Francisco and surrounding cities. We will provide training to successful Class C drivers interested in obtaining Class B or A commercial licenses.
We are looking for someone who is:
* skilled in dealing with people and has proven customer service skills
* reliable, cooperative, diligent, and efficient
* able to work both independently and in a team
* able to work early morning hours (start time is between 4:00 AM – 5:00 AM)
* available to work 7 days a week / schedule may vary
* proficient in basic math
* able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* experienced with produce (preferred)
* has pallet jack and forklift experience (a plus)
Clean DMV required. All drivers are required to be enrolled in the DMV Pull-Notice program. Pre-employment and random drug screenings are required by federal law for all commercial drivers.
· training and opportunities for advancement:
· an excellent work environment
· competitive wages
· comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, domestic partner benefits
· paid vacation and sick leave
· discount worker food program
Veritable Vegetable, a dynamic women-owned and operated company, is the nation’s oldest distributor of certified organic produce. We distribute produce from more than 250 growers to more than 300 independent retailers and restaurants in California, the Southwest, and beyond. We pride ourselves on ethical business practices, on-time delivery, and reliable, courteous service. We are committed to providing opportunities for women in the workplace, but encourage any applicant who shares our dedication to apply. For more information about our company, please visit us on the web at:http://www.veritablevegetable.com/