Position Type: Full Time/Seasonal (reduced winter hours January-March)
The Production Manager oversees daily harvest and packing of produce and ensures that all produce is of high quality and is efficiently harvested, processed, and packaged for delivery. S/he is expected to take a leadership role in developing systems and structures to maximize safety, productivity, and efficiency. S/he will act as the liaison between the CSA Director, Field Boss, and the packing shed. This position will provide daily on the ground support and supervision for the pack crew and field crew.
- Hiring, firing, and training of packing shed staff.
- Daily supervising and coordinating of packing shed staff to maximize safety and efficiency of wash and field crews.
- Coordinating weekly with owners to determine crop availability and quality.
- Compiling orders for daily harvest, and generating daily harvest lists based on crop availability, orders, and produce in stock.
- Quality control of produce entering and leaving the wash station.
- Filling in for absent produce handlers/assisting pack shed crew as needed.
- Keeping a current and clear inventory of all produce.
- Overseeing and organizing the packing of orders and CSA shares.
- Overseeing the loading of CSA boxes and orders into delivery trucks.
- Communicating with delivery person to ensure proper loading of truck and delivery of product.
- Representing the farm at various events and meetings.
- Involvement in farm’s safety program.
- Monthly report at managers’ meeting.
Three years management experience, familiarity with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, and office equipment, good basic computer skills, Spanish a plus.
Candidate must be: Able to manage people effectively, good with counting and math, organized, flexible, accustomed to working in a fast paced environment, able to routinely lift up to 50 lbs, able to work directly with other management and owners.
Pay will be based on experience, productivity, and reliability.
- Please send a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include three professional references.